REDMOND, Ore. - If all goes well and the weather cooperates, Southwest Canal Boulevard in Redmond will reopen in a week after months of upgrade construction.
Crews have finished placing concrete curbs and sidewalks from SW Pumice Avenue to SW Salmon Avenue. Grading operations were finishing up Friday to allow for paving of that stretch of road next week.
The plan, which is weather-dependent, is to pave the construction corridor starting Monday and open it to thru traffic by the end of the week. "The weather forecast is calling for rain next week but hopefully this will not restrict our schedule," a city announcement said..
Expect delays at the intersection of SW Salmon Ave and SW Canal Blvd on Monday, April 15th - Thursday April 18th due to paving operations.
- Monday April 15th – Place base lift of asphalt on SW Canal Blvd from SW Pumice Ave to SW Salmon Ave
- Tuesday April 16th – Place asphalt on Homestead Path and pave asphalt approaches
- Wednesday April 17th – Place final lift of asphalt on SW Canal Blvd from SW Pumice Ave to SW Salmon Ave.
- Thursday April 18th – Friday April 19th – Apply pavement markings/striping to road
- Friday April 19th – Scheduled opening of SW Canal Blvd. in later afternoon.
Crews are scheduled to work at the intersection of SW Kalama and SW Canal Blvd. starting April 22nd to install a pedestrian crossing. Expect minimal delays in this area.