BEND, Ore. - Here is ODOT's weekly Region 4 construction update for the week of April 22:
The Oregon Department of Transportation is committed to providing a safe, efficient transportation system. ODOT invests in Oregon’s future through roadway improvement projects. The following projects are located in ODOT's Region 4 encompassing Central Oregon from The Dalles to Klamath Falls on the east side of the Cascades.
All work is dependent on weather conditions and schedules are subject to change.
Where traffic is routed through or around a work zone, pedestrians, including those with disabilities, will also be provided alternate routes through the work zone.
US-97: Spanish Hollow Creek and Trout Creek Bridges (The Dalles-California Highway)
- Milepost 75: Stellar J Corporation is completing the second stage of bridge construction. One way traffic will be flagger controlled 24 hours a day for the next week to complete paving and other finishing components. Expect minimal delays.
US-26: Kahneeta Junction (Warm Springs)
- The contractor will be performing embankment operations at milepost 91 utilizing flaggers to close one lane of traffic throughout the day. Traffic should expect delays up to 20 minutes at this location. Westbound traffic should anticipate the slow lane to be closed 24 hours between milepost 99 - milepost 101.5 throughout the week.
OR-22: Tumble Creek Bridge (North Santiam)
- The contractor will be performing work on the bridge deck, installing guardrail, and shoulder work. Single lane closures controlled by flaggers will be in place 24 hours a day Sunday night until Friday at noon. Traffic should expect delays of 20 minutes or less.
1-84: Swanson Canyon - Arlington (Columbia River Highway)
- I-84 will have intermittent single lane closures east and west bound between milepost 125.50 and milepost 138.
Hood River County
1-84: Traffic Barrier Upgrade Project (Columbia River Highway)
- I-84 will have intermittent single lane closures West-bound between milepost 62 and milepost 80. Also, the contractor will have long term single lane closures East and West bound at milepost 109.7, to 109.9 to perform Bridge Upgrades.
US-97: Spanish Hollow Creek and Trout Creek Bridges (Sherman Highway)
- Milepost 0.4: Stellar J Corporation is completing the second stage of a bridge construction. One way traffic will be controlled continuously by a temporary signal. Expect minimal delays.
- Milepost 3.1 to milepost 4: Stellar J Corporation is completing seismic retrofit substructure work. The roadway could be reduced to a single lane with flagger controlling traffic. Expect minimal delays.
US-97: Shaniko - Trout Creek Culvert Removal (Sherman Highway)
- The contractor will not be onsite and will not be performing work this week.
Region 4 ITS
- The contractor will be working on Cooley Road east of the Cooley Road/US-97 intersection. Pedestrian traffic should watch for sidewalk closures and detour signs. Work will also be occurring in the median of US-97 at the Railroad Over-crossing south of Bend and also on the shoulder at the Lava Butte Scales during the day. At night, the contractor will be installing poles and equipment at Reed Market and US-97, Powers Road and US-97, and 3rd Street south of Butler Market Road at the US-97 Northbound on ramp. No impacts to traffic is expected during the day. At night, traffic should expect lane closures and lane shifts.