BEND, Ore. - During the next week, Bend-La Pine Schools will celebrate the graduations of more than 1,220 students from five high schools.
Graduations take place at the following times and locations:
- Bend Senior High School (455 graduates): June 8 at 10 a.m. at Deschutes County Fair & Expo Center
- La Pine High School (84 graduates): June 7 at 7 p.m. at La Pine High School
- Marshall High School (61 graduates): June 10 at 7 p.m. at Bend Senior High School
- Mountain View High School (321 graduates): June 6 at 7 p.m. at Deschutes County Fair & Expo Center
- Summit High School (305 graduates): June 8 at 4 p.m. at Deschutes County Fair & Expo Center
Members of the Class of 2019 earned numerous prestigious accomplishments including:
- Two National Merit Finalists
- 334 students who are graduating with honors diplomas
- 109 Advanced Placement distinctions; 1 student earned an AP International Diploma
- 26 International Baccalaureate diplomas
- Numerous athletes who earned individual or team state titles in track and field, baseball, cross-country, wrestling, swimming, golf and more
- Numerous members of state and national award-winning activities including: newspaper, band, speech and debate, DECA, Future Farmers of America, Future Business Leaders of America and more
Many of this year’s graduating seniors will pursue post-secondary education or training. The Class of 2019 earned millions in scholarships, including full-rides to John Hopkins University, Oregon State University and Duke University among others.
Students are planning to enlist in the Armed Forces and attend a variety of vocational training programs – from welding to beauty school. College-bound graduates plan to attend Central Oregon Community College, Oregon State University – Cascades Campus, Brigham Young University, Cal Poly, Occidental College, Emerson College, American Musical and Dramatic Academy, Westminster College and many more.