BEND, Ore. - The Deschutes County Sheriff’s Office announced Thursday its Community Action Target Team, or CATT, made 10 drug-related arrests last Sunday in a targeted drug sales and possession operation in Deschutes River Woods and the Redmond area.
The CATT patrol used both marked and unmarked vehicles during the operation. The eight-person team, including DCSO Street Crimes detectives and uniformed patrol deputies, made 10 arrests associated with the targeted patrol, Sgt. William Bailey said in a news release.
The targeted patrol focused on vehicles and people leaving the area of homes known to be associated with drug activity, Bailey said.
The locations of focus were derived through citizen complaints, information from patrol deputies, and ongoing investigations by Street Crimes Unit detectives. All subjects arrested were subsequent to traffic stops or subject contacts.
The CATT operation was supported by K-9 Ezel and his partner Deputy Jeremiah Johnson. Ezel is dual-certified in both drug detection and apprehension.
The following individuals were arrested during the targeted patrol.
- Maxwell, Billy D. Age: 39 Bend, Charges: Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine, Driving While Suspended – Misdemeanor (Released by Citation)
- Shepard, Deena L. Age: 32 Bend Charge: Probation Violation
- Arnett, Brandon E. Age: 41 Bend Charges: Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine and Parole Violation
- Gilmore, Jeffery L. Age: 43 Bend Charges: Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine and Felon in Possession Restricted Weapon
- Teel, Angelina R. Age: 18 Redmond Charges: Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine and Heroin (released by citation)
- Todd, Briana R. Age 33 Redmond, OR Charges: failure to appear Warrant for Identity Theft
- Dickson-Vargas, Valerie R. Age: 20 Redmond, Charges: Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine (released by citation)
- Agenbroad, Bailey R. Age: 18 Bend, Charges: Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine and Heroin (released by citation)
- Reynolds, Daniel A. Age: 24 Bend Charges: Warrant for Probation Violation
- Carroll, Jamie A. Age: 41 Redmond Charges: Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine (released by citation)
"The Deschutes County Sheriff’s Office is committed to community safety and addressing quality of life issues for the citizens and visitors of Deschutes County," Bailey wrote. "The CATT will be utilized in an ongoing basis to focus on areas within Deschutes County needing additional enforcement in the areas of distracted driving, illegal drug possession and sale, theft, trespass and criminal mischief issues.
"The team will utilize a number of patrol and investigative platforms, including marked and unmarked patrol vehicles, in addition to foot and bicycle patrols. We will have deputies in uniform and wearing plain clothes, whichever is best suited to accomplish these proactive patrols," Bailey said.