(Update: Adding Bend's final report of construction season)
Here's the list of Bend and Redmond's planned road closures and delays for the week of Oct. 15:
· Seward Avenue at intersection with 13th Street for water main repairs, road closure with detour, 10/15/18 – 10/17/18.
· Brosterhous Road between Windsor Drive and Orchard Grass Place for sewer repair, single lane closure with flaggers, 10/18/18, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
· 14th Street between Albany Avenue and Galveston Avenue, full road closure with detours for work on Phase 2 of the 14th Street Reconstruction project. For project and detour info: www.bendoregon.gov/14thstreet. Opening anticipated near the end of this reporting period.
· Empire Avenue between 18th Street and Purcell Boulevard, closed for road reconstruction, widening, and sidewalk construction, full road closure with detour, 9/11/18 – 12/1/18. More info: www.bendoregon.gov/empire
· Dean Swift Road between Bear Creek Road and Highway 20 for pedestrian access improvements, northbound lane closure with detour, local access only, 10/8/18 – 10/26/18
· Cooley Road between O.B. Riley Road and Highway 20, road closure with detour, 10/1/18 – 11/15/18.
· Congress Street between Tumalo Avenue and Idaho Avenue and Idaho Avenue between Congress Street and Broadway Street for tree removals, road closures with detours, 10/22/18 – 10/23/18, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
And here's Redmond's report:
City Street Maintenance Operations:
Monday, October 15 thru October 19, 2018 - The following traffic disruptions will take place:
Monday, October 15 thru October 18 – Starting at 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., SW Indian Avenue alley between SW 11th Street and 12th Street
The alley of SW Indian Avenue between SW 11th Street and 12th Street will be closed for curb and apron repairs from 7:30 a.m. on Monday through 5:00 p.m. on Thursday. Patching the affected areas during the closure will also occur.
Monday, October 15 thru October 19 - Starting at 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., the following traffic disruptions will take place:
Legend painting, and general road maintenance will be commencing throughout the City; activities may temporarily disrupt lanes and intersections.
NOTE - During street maintenance operations, closure durations and disruptions are determined by progress of the operation and weather conditions.
8th Street from NW Quince Ave. to NW Poplar Pl. – Closed for construction through Friday, October 19, 2018.
8th Street from NW Quince Ave. to NW Poplar Pl. will be closed while Mckernan Enterprises crews install Sewer/Water & Road Improvements. Local access for residents is permitted.
South Canal Improvement Project – South Canal Blvd is closed between Veterans Way and Salmon Ave. Local access is permitted.
Scheduled Activities for the week of 10/15/2018 – 10/19/2018:
North Section (SW Canal Blvd to SW Salmon Ave. - SW Obsidian Ave and 11th Street)
• SW Canal Blvd from SW Veterans Way to Quartz will remain closed to allow for drywell installation and intersection construction at SW Obsidian Ave and SW Canal Blvd. No southbound traffic will be allowed from SW Veterans Way.
• SW Obsidian Ave remains closed from SW Canal Blvd to SW 12th St. Local access will be permitted from the west on SW Obsidian Ave via SW 15th St. No access will be permitted onto SW Obsidian Ave from South Canal Blvd.
• Installation and pressure testing of 18-inch water line, road subgrade and stormwater facilities on SW Canal Blvd.
The improvement project completion date is set for April 2019. Sections of South Canal Blvd. will be closed temporarily during construction, but local access to area homes and businesses will remain open. Weekly project updates can be found online at https://www.southcanalblvd.org/.
Residents may call the Construction Hotline 541-579-2233 for more information or to report a concern.
Your Tax Dollars at Work: City of Redmond invests $1.5 million annually to keep Redmond’s streets smooth, clean, and safe.