BEND, Ore. - During an all-staff Welcome Back celebration on Tuesday, Bend-La Pine Schools staff members honored the finalists for Teacher of the Year and Support Staff Member of the Year for their excellence and service to our schools and students.
“Today we celebrated 15 outstanding staff members who give their all to serve our students and schools. From math teachers who are developing new programs for our students to office staff who serve as the glue that binds our schools together, these staff members are an inspiration,” said Superintendent Shay Mikalson.
Teacher of the Year Finalists:
- Dante Biancucci, math teacher at Realms Middle School
- Sorahi Harati, ELL teacher at Mountain View High School
- Marna Larsen, music teacher at Juniper Elementary School
- Lindsey Manitsas, third grade and social-emotional learning teacher at Bear Creek Elementary School
- Kathie Quick, math teacher at Summit High School
- Dyan Sultzer, fourth grade teacher at Lava Ridge Elementary School
- Steve Wetherald, special education teacher at Bend Senior High School
Support Staff Person of the Year Finalists:
- Meredith Blackwell, office manager at William E. Miller Elementary School
- Christina Cathcart, route specialist with the Transportation Department
- April Jorgenson, secretary at Elk Meadow Elementary School
- Cater Larkin, intervention support education assistant at Pilot Butte Middle School
- Michael Martin, painter with the Maintenance Department
- Wendy Reeves, staff accountant at the Education Center
- Genti Saliu, technician with Information Technology
Lava Ridge Elementary School’s Dyan Sultzer was named the Bend-La Pine Schools’ Teacher of the Year; Michael Martin, a painter in the Maintenance Department, was named the Support Staff Person of the Year; Roger White, Principal at Realms High School, was named Distinguished Administrator of the Year.