Bend businessman Troy Reinhart announced Tuesday that he will be a candidate to be appointed to fill the remaining term of retiring board member Nori Juba. He also said he plans to file for a full term in the May election.
Reinhart is a product of the Bend–La Pine Schools system, graduating from Bend Senior High in 1980. He also attended Pilot Butte Junior High and Bear Creek Elementary schools.
He graduated with a degree in Forest Management from Oregon State in 1986. He is currently a partner at Northwest Quadrant Wealth Management, with offices in Bend, Portland, John Day and Eugene.
Reinhart has served as a volunteer in the community as:
- Chair and member of the Bend Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
- Volunteer coach in the Bend Park Recreation System.
- Member of the original Bend 2030 vision group.
- Volunteer in the Boy Scouts of America.
- Chair and member of the St. Francis School Advisory Council.
"I am running for the school board to make sure our community stays connected to our educational system," he said. "It is important we have a watchdog to make sure every dollar spent on education is being spent properly and to maximize student success."