Redmond garage-shop fire traced to oily rags
Little damage, no injuries
A fire in a southwest Redmond detached garage-wood shop Saturday afternoon was caused by spontaneous combustion of oily rags improperly disposed of in a garbage can, investigators said.
Redmond firefighters were called around 3:20 p.m. to the garage fire at a home at 1040 SW 15th Street, said Fire Marshal Traci Cooper. They arrived to find black smoke coming from the garage door of a two-door garage, she said.
Crews were able to quickly extinguish a fire burning inside at a plastic garbage can and surrounding materials, Cooper said, adding that there were no injuries reported.
Losses were held to $250.
Copyright 2013 KTVZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed