TERREBONNE, Ore. - Terrebonne residents’ quick actions when a chimney fire broke out in their two-story log home Wednesday brought a quick response from firefighters, limiting damages to about $5,000, Redmond fire officials said.
Redmond Fire and Rescue and the Crooked River Ranch Fire Department responded just after noon to the fire reported at a home in the 2400 block of Northwest 29th Court, said Redmond Fire Marshal Traci Cooper. The residents reported flames coming from the chimney near the home’s ceiling, she said.
Crooked River Ranch crew was first to arrive on scene and quickly put out the fire, followed by overhaul efforts by both departments, Cooper said.
There were no injuries, according to Cooper. Other mutual-aid assistance was provided by the Deschutes County Sheriff’s Office and Pacific Power.