SALEM, Ore. - The Deschutes County, Harney County, Malheur County, Happy Valley, Redmond, Sisters and Talent building departments have joined Oregon's full-service e-permitting program.
The addition of these jurisdictions brings the list of full-service jurisdictions to 21.
The others are Aurora, Coos Bay, Cottage Grove, Florence, Jefferson County, Junction City, Lake Oswego, Lane County, Lebanon, Mid-Columbia Council of Governments, Marion County, Milwaukie and Springfield.
The division will be bringing Baker City, Polk County, and Veneta on-board during the spring. The program has the capacity to serve all 134 local building departments in Oregon.
Full-service e-permitting builds on the "basic services" e-permitting program, which allows contractors to buy simple, non-plan review permits online.
With full-service e-permitting, licensed contractors can access many more services, including:
* Purchasing a full range of electrical, structural, mechanical and plumbing permits
* Submitting electronic plans for review
* Tracking permit processing status
* Printing permits and Certificates of Occupancy
* Scheduling inspections via phone or internet
* Receiving inspection results via email or telephone
In addition, licensed architects and engineers can submit applications, including documents for new buildings.