PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE WITH VEGETABLES FOR 2
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
4 dry whole chilies
½ cup onion (2 oz), sliced or diced
2 cups cooked brown rice
(PLEASE SEE NOTE BELOW IF USING COOKED JASMINE RICE)
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tsp Golden Mountain sauce (Available at Newport Ave. Market, Asian markets through the Internet or in the Portland area, including Uwajimaya; Lili Market, etc.)
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp curry powder
2 cups mixed vegetables (carrot, cauliflowers, broccoli and green beans, about 5 oz), cut into bite size, and blanched quickly, remove from water to rest
½ cup fresh pineapple (3 oz), cut into large diced pieces
1/3 cup grapes (2 oz)
¼ cup cashew nuts
NOTE: If using white rice, changes are as follow:
1. 1 tbsp light soy sauce
2. 1 tbsp Golden Mountain sauce
3. 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp curry powder
4. 1 ½ tsp sugar
1. Add olive oil in a wok over medium high heat. Add minced garlic and dry whole chilies. Don?t let the garlic burn. Once minced garlic turn gold, add sliced onion.
2. Cook onion until soft, add curry powder, stir for 20 seconds or until the curry powder is aromatic.
3. Add rice and stir to mix thoroughly. Add blanched vegetables, pineapple and grapes.
4. Turn off the heat, and serve in the prepared half pineapple shells.