News

Lebanon man electrocuted in farming accident

LEBANON, Ore. (AP) - A handyman in Lebanon has died after being fatally electrocuted in a farming accident.

Linn County authorities said Tuesday that 58-year-old Robert Leeland Prock was standing a 40-foot irrigation pipe on its end to move it when the pipe touched an overhead electrical wire.

The 12,000-volt wire was suspended 22 feet above the ground.

Prock was knocked unconscious by the shock and was pronounced dead at the hospital a short time later.

His 11-year-old son, who was helping him, was also shocked but survived with no serious injuries.

The investigation is continuing.


By clicking Submit users are agreeing to follow the Terms of Service
comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular Stories