News

Fire burns transient at camp near Redmond

Taken to St. Charles Redmond

REDMOND, Ore. - (Updated with more from fire marshal; fire appears accidental, possibly propane)

Redmond firefighters took one person to St. Charles Redmond with burns Monday morning after a homemade shelter caught fire at a transient camp southeast of the city.

Redmond Fire and Rescue responded at 6:48 a.m. to the reported fire at a transient camp near Highway 126 and East Antler Avenue, said Fire Marshal Traci Cooper.

They arrived to find the fire, about 10-by-10 feet in size, had mostly burned itself out and was smoldering, she said.

Firefighters put out the fire and took one person to the hospital with burn injuries, Cooper said.

She added that the fire appeared to be accidental and based on witness statements may have involved propane.

Authorities had no more information to release regarding the nature or extent of the person's injuries.

The fire is under investigation, she added. Redmond police and Oregon State Police provided assistance at the scene.


By clicking Submit users are agreeing to follow the Terms of Service
comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular Stories