REDMOND, Ore. -

Redmond firefighters said a fire that caused $60,000 damage at a home in Eagle Crest Resort early Monday was sparked by a cigarette on the front deck.

More than a dozen firefighters were called out around 3:15 a.m. and doused the blaze, confining most of the damage to the porch and attic area of the home at 8921 Cliff Swallow Drive, said Fire Marshal Traci Cooper.

However, the home’s interior did sustain some smoke and water damage. Losses were estimated at $50,000 to the structure and another $10,000 worth of contents.

After leaving the home, the renter had a neighbor call 911 to report the fire, Cooper said. No other homes were threatened by the blaze, she added.

Cooper said later that fire investigators determined the fire originated on the deck of the home and quickly burned into the attic, and was caused by smoking material.

The American Red Cross was called in to assist the woman staying at the home.

Mutual aid assistance was provided by the Cloverdale, Bend and Crooked River Ranch fire departments, as well as the Deschutes County Sheriff’s Office.