Dogs leap from balcony to survive fire
Pit bulls were trapped on second floor deck of apartment in Oregon
Two dogs made a daring escape from a two-alarm apartment fire in Oregon.
They jumped off a balcony to survive.
When fire crews got to the apartment in McMinnville on Monday night, they found the pit bulls trapped on a second floor deck, Portland TV station KPTV reported.
One of the dogs climbed up on the railing as firefighters worked to put out the flames, then jumped to the ground below.
The second dog also jumped after a firefighter broke out the deck railing and tore away some wire fencing.
Both of them survived.
Four units were damaged and cannot be occupied until repairs are made, authorities told KPTV.
Investigators determined that unattended cooking started the blaze.
Distributed by Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.