BEND, Ore. - Discover Your Forest would like to invite Central Oregon photographers to submit their photo representations of iconic Deschutes and Ochoco National Forest landscapes to be featured and auctioned off at a fundraising event in August.
The third annual Stars Over Newberry fundraiser will take place on August 11th atop Lava Butte in the Newberry National Volcanic Monument. The event will feature stargazing, live music, a silent auction, and fabulous local beer, wine and cuisine.
This year, festivities will span from 7:30 – 11:00 PM, giving visitors an unparalleled vista of the night sky and a chance to glimpse the early hours of the Perseid Meteor Shower. All proceeds from the auction will benefit Discover Your Forest, the non-profit partner of the Central Oregon national forests and grassland.
· Photographs must be depictions of scenes from the Newberry National Volcanic Monument and/or the Deschutes or Ochoco National Forests.
· Photo submissions should be minimum size 8 x 10. Photos can be matted, mounted or framed. Pieces need to be displayed safely on a tabletop easel. Photography canvas prints will also be accepted, but need to be displayed safely on a tabletop easel.
· A high-res, digital version of photo being submitted is required and can be emailed to Stacey.email@example.com. Discover Your Forest reserves the right to use the digital photo for Stars Over Newberry marketing purposes.
· If individuals are recognizable by those who could identify them, a consent form must be signed, scanned, and submitted with the photo. Contact Stacey Cochran, Discover Your Forest Community Engagement Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org for model release form(s).
· 2 Complimentary tickets to the Stars Over Newberry Event (a $100 value)
· Name, Bio and CV or Resume on display alongside photograph
· Name listings in printed program, website, social media and marketing materials
· On-Stage Recognition by DYF staff
Complete Photography Submission Guidelines and Application can be found at discoveryourforest.org/stars-over-newberry.
In partnership with the US Forest Service, Discover Your Forest provides free educational programming for over 5,000 school children annually throughout the Deschutes and Ochoco National Forests. In addition, Discover Your Forest supports almost 3,000 volunteers in the Deschutes National Forest and interacts with over 250,000 visitors per year. Funds raised at this event will go directly to supporting programs and visitor services on the Deschutes National Forest.
For more information go to discoveryourforest.org/stars-over-newberry or call us at (541) 383-5530.