Deschutes County

Deschutes County events permits

BEND, Ore. - With tourism and event season just around the corner, Deschutes County encourages individuals, businesses and organizers planning commercial events and outdoor mass gatherings in unincorporated rural areas to apply for the necessary permits at least 90 days prior to a scheduled event. 

Commercial events and outdoor mass gatherings generally include weddings, celebratory gatherings, concerts, festivals, or similar uses consisting of any assembly of persons and the sale of goods or services.

"Permits are required to protect the public," said Deschutes County Community Development Director Nick Lelack. "Commercial event and outdoor mass gathering permits address food safety, sanitation, traffic and crowd control, noise, hours of operation, emergency services, permanent and temporary structures and facilities, and compliance with fire, health and life safety laws," he added. 

The county offers different permits for different types, sizes, durations, and locations of events. Permits cost between $35 for a one-time event to $2,640 for large and multiple events over several days. Some event permits are processed by County staff while others must be approved by a Hearings Officer, Planning Commission or the Board of County Commissioners.  County staff is available during normal business hours to help people understand the type of permit needed for certain events and to guide them through the permitting process.

Event permit applications and regulations can be found on the County's website at . Use the drop-down menu under Permits & Licenses to access information and forms for Events & Parades or Outdoor Mass Gatherings or click on these links for the Agri-tourism and Commercial Activities Brochure and application

For more information about Outdoor Mass Gathering permits, Agri-Tourism and Commercial Activities permits please contact the Deschutes County Community Development Department at (541) 388-6560. For more information about Event-Parade permits, please contact the County's Risk Management Department at (541) 330-4631.

By clicking Submit users are agreeing to follow the Terms of Service
comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular Stories