Deschutes County Fair Talent Show entries sought
Deschutes County 2013 Talent Show planners are accepting audition materials for this year’s contest. Sponsored again this year by Eberhards Dairy, planners are encouraging singers, musicians, dancers, bands, jugglers, magicians and acts of all kinds to enter.
The annual Deschutes County Fair Talent Show will take place on Wednesday, July 31 from 12:00 to 3:00 p.m. on the Eberhards Dairy Food Court Stage.
If interested, please send a CD, DVD, videotape (no 8mm film or video), and/or photos with your name, age, address, phone number, and email address to:
Deschutes County Fair Talent Show Audition
3800 SW Airport Way
Redmond, OR 97756
Please submit audition materials ASAP and no later than Monday, July 8. Notification will be completed by Monday, July 15.
- Up to 24 acts will be chosen to compete on Wednesday, July 31.
- Acts must be residents of Deschutes County; however, acts from a neighboring county fair that does not participate in the State Fair Talent Show are also eligible.
- A panel of three judges will evaluate each act.
- Four acts will be chosen with each winning $250 and the right to perform again in a 10 to 12 minute performance on Saturday, August 3.
- Three acts may qualify for the State Fair Talent Show, one per following category: Children 1-9, youth 10-17 and adults 18 and older.
- CD/tape accompaniments must have the lead vocal tracks completely removed. Instrumental and harmony tracks are acceptable.
- A sound system will be provided with a CD/tape player and a sound tech.
- Bands must provide their own amps, keyboards, drums, patch-cords, etc. (mics and stands are supplied). Bands must set-up (sometimes early) and remove their equipment.
- ALL performances must be suitable for families and children.
- Performers under 16 receive one pass to the Fair and another for a parent or guardian. Performers 16 and over receive one pass.
For more information about the 2013 Deschutes County Fair Talent Show, please call (541) 548-2711