The average Bend-area (Deschutes County) worker earned just over $20 an hour in May of last year, about 10 percent below the national average, new statistics released Tuesday showed.
The latest U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics news release showing employment and wage data for occupations in the Bend metropolitan area is now available online at http://www.bls.gov/ro9/oesbend.pdf.
Employment counts and average rates of pay are available for all jobs in the area. Items of note include:
- The average worker in the Bend area earned $20.03/hr in May 2013, about 10% below the U.S. average of $22.33/hr
- Management occupations in the area were highest paid at $40.78/hr, followed by healthcare practitioners and technical occupations at $40.31/hr
- The average wage for healthcare practitioners and technical occupations was 12% above the national average
- The average wage for healthcare support occupations was 22% above the national average
- Office and administrative support occupations accounted for the largest share of local employment at 16.5%
- The Bend metropolitan area had the highest concentration of Religious Activities and Education Directors nationwide
For complete May 2013 Occupational Employment Statistics for Bend, OR visit: http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_13460.htm