With increasing temperatures and persistent wildfire smoke, Deschutes County Health Services has identified health tips and cleaner air cooling centers to help residents find relief. To help stay healthy during poor air quality conditions, recommendations include:
· Be aware of smoke concentrations in your area and avoid the places with highest concentrations.
· Avoid smoke either by leaving the area or protecting yourself by staying indoors, and by closing windows and doors.
· Avoid strenuous outdoor activity in smoky conditions.
· If you have asthma or other respiratory problems, follow your breathing management plan.
· Contact your healthcare provider if you have any healthcare concerns or questions.
Deschutes County Health Services has identified several cleaner air cooling centers where residents can avoid the heat and relax. General recommendations include retailers, particularly those with indoor seating, indoor dining establishments, movie theaters, grocery stores, bowling alleys, and other air conditioned spaces. For a current list of free, public cleaner air cooling centers please visit https://www.deschutes.org/health/page/wildfire-smoke-and-health.