BEND, Ore. - In partnership with non-profit organizations in their communities, three Windermere Real Estate offices in Central Oregon are hosting Windermere's annual "Share the Warmth" coat and blanket drive. Now through December 20, community members can help their neighbors in need by donating coats, blankets and other warm items.
Community members can bring new or gently used and laundered coats (for children and adults) and blankets to any of the following Windermere offices and Central Oregon businesses. In addition, the offices in Bend and Redmond are collecting other warm items, such as sleeping bags, scarves, gloves/mittens, hats and socks.
Donated items will be distributed to those in need by Family Access Network in Bend and Redmond, The Shepherd's House in Bend, and Crook County Children and Senior Services. Donation drop-off sites include:
Bend – Windermere/Central Oregon Real Estate
· Chico's, Old Mill District, 325 SW Powerhouse Drive, Suite 120 – Monday-Saturday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· Deschutes County Title, 397 SW Upper Terrace Drive – Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· Ray's Food Place, 210 Century Drive – Sunday-Saturday 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Redmond – Windermere/Central Oregon Real Estate
· Windermere, 1020 SW Indian Avenue, Suite 100 – Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· Ray's Food Place, 900 SW 23rd Street – Sunday-Saturday 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Prineville – Windermere Swifterra
· Windermere, 150 NW Fourth Street – Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
More than 30 Windermere offices in Oregon and Southwest Washington are collecting coats and blankets for those in need this winter. For a complete list of participating offices, community members should call 503-220-1145.
Windermere Real Estate has a long-standing tradition of giving back to the community. In addition to hosting the annual "Share the Warmth" donation drive, the company's agents participate in annual community service projects and donate a portion of every commission to the Windermere Foundation, a non-profit organization that helps homeless and low-income families in the communities served by Windermere.