BEND, ore. - The City of Bend Police Department conducted a Pedestrian Safety Detail on Wednesday. The operation was held at the intersections of SE 15th Street and SE Riviera Drive.
The primary focus of this detail was to raise pedestrian safety awareness of drivers and pedestrians through education and enforcement of pedestrian right of way laws. The detail was conducted between 10:30am and 2:30pm; warning signs were posted prior to entering the pedestrian safety operation zone.
The results of the operation were as follows:
- Fail to Yield to a Pedestrian: 10 citations & 5 written warnings
- Cell Phone Use: 6 citations & 1 written warning
- Fail/improper use Safety Belt: 1 citations & 0 written warnings
- Other infractions: 6 citations & 1 written warnings
- One vehicle was impounded.
- Total Citations: 23
- Total written warnings: 7
Funding for this PSE is made possible through a grant from Oregon Walks and Oregon Department of Transportation. For additional information, please contact Lieutenant Chris Carney at the Bend Police Department at 541-322-2978.