BEND, Ore. - Bend Fire Department's Santa Express food and clothing drive is heading into Bend Neighborhoods Monday December 3rd through Thursday December 6th.
The Bend Firefighter's Association and Bend Fire and Rescue are working with The Salvation Army to collect non-perishable food items, clothing, and toys for needy families in Bend and Central Oregon.
Neighborhood residents are encouraged to listen for the fire engine and Santa, and bring donations to the street for collection.
There will be many volunteers walking along with Santa the fire engines to collect the donated items. Please advise children to use caution around the moving fire engines.
The Santa Express schedule is as follows: (find maps at www.bendoregon.org)
Monday December 3: Morning Star, Wishing well and Phoenix Park
Tuesday December 4: Larkspur, Foxborough and Sun Meadow
Wednesday December 5: Providence, areas north and south of Neff Road
Thursday December 6: NW Crossing, Skyliner Summit
If we don't come through your neighborhood you can always drop off non-perishable foods, new toys or clothing starting Monday 11/26/12 to these locations:
- Bend Fire Department fire station or either (www.bendoregon.gov for maps) – boxes will be there until Friday 12/14/12
- Bend Memorial Clinics – Westside on Mt. Bachelor Dr and Eastside on Neff Rd
- Ed Wyse Beauty Supply – 1180 S Hwy 97 #B
- Goulart Chiropractic – 424 NE Franklin Ave
- Pappy's Pizza – 20265 Fred Meyer Rd.
- Red Robin – 625 SW Powerhouse Dr
- The Salvation Army – 755 NE 2nd Street, Bend.
- Starbucks – Toys only (Westside on Century Dr., Downtown, Fred Meyers, Cascade Village Shopping Center and East side on 27th St)
- Wholesale Sports – 63492 Hunnel Rd
Thanks ahead of time from Bend Firefighters Association, Bend Fire and Rescue, and The Salvation Army for helping needy families this holiday season.
If you need help from this holiday season with food or presents, please call The Salvation Army at 389-8888.
For more information please contact the Bend Fire Department at 322-6309