In preparation for the upcoming Solar Eclipse on August 21st,and anticipated traffic congestion related to the eclipse, Cascades East Transit will operate a modified schedule for Community Connector buses on August 21st and August 22nd. All transportation services in the region will be subject to potential traffic delays related to the eclipse.
CET’s service plan for August 21st and August 22nd:
· Bend buses: running on regular schedules
· Ride the River: running on regular schedule
· Ride Bend: running on regular schedule
· Lava Butte shuttle: will begin operations at 8:30 on Monday, August 21, but will not operate between 9:30 am drop off on Lava Butte and 11:30 a.m. The road to the top of Lava Butte will be closed to vehicles from 9:30 am to 11:30 am. The shuttle will resume operations at 11:30 a.m. from Lava Lands for the remainder of that day.
· Dial-a-Ride services will operate normally in all Central Oregon communities.
· Routes 21 and 29 (Madras to Culver and Sisters to Bend) will not operate on August 21st or August 22nd. All other Community Connector routes will operate on modified schedules.
If you must travel, be ready and plan to leave for appointments or your destination much earlier than usual. Prepare for potentially long rides in cars or buses (please note: there are no restroom facilities on CET buses). If you are traveling to a medical appointment, talk to your doctor’s office about your options in the event you are late due to traffic.
For more information about CET’s operations related to the Solar Eclipse, call 541-385-8680 to speak with a CET customer service representative, or visit cascadeseasttransit.com.