Les Schwab Amphitheater in Bend, Oregon's Old Mill District is picking up the beat this summer with a danceable lineup of bands for its St. Charles FREE Summer Sunday Concerts.
The Sunday afternoon concerts, which start on June 2, have become a weekend family gathering favorite for locals and visitors all around Central Oregon. For the fourth consecutive year, St. Charles Bend is the title sponsor for the event as part of its mission to create America's healthiest community, together.
Marney Smith, director of the Les Schwab Amphitheater, said, "St. Charles is committed to improving the health of our community. Getting outside and moving around, dancing, and having fun all contribute to that goal. Our concert lineup this year is definitely danceable. With the bands for the 2013 series, we'll see plenty of folks getting out, getting up and dancing around with their families and friends."
Running most Sunday afternoons from June 2 through August 4, the free Summer Sunday Concerts have become a staple of the season in Central Oregon. Gates open each Sunday at 1 p.m. and the shows run from 2:30-4:30 p.m.
Free Summer Sundays Concert Schedule:
- June 2 Redwood Son, west coast roots rock
- June 9 Tremoloco, Mexican-American Roots
- June 23 Sallie Ford and the Sound Outside, Rock & Roll / Rockabilly
- June 30 Marley's Ghost, Folk / Country / R&B
- July 14 Tumbleweed Wanderers, Rock /Americana /Soul
- July 21 Sassparilla, Punk Blues
- July 28 Tony Smiley, Loop Ninja
- August 4 Cedric Watson & Bijou Creole, Cajun/Zydeco/Creole
Live music will be rounded out by many other family-oriented activities, such as bouncy houses and delicious food vendors. Tumalo Creek Kayak will have stand-up paddle boards and boats for rent during concerts, and St. Charles Bend will have expert caregivers from various departments ready to answer questions and hand out important information.