BEND, Ore. - The City of Bend will be releasing a weekly road and traffic report each Friday during peak construction season to help travelers plan the quickest, safest and most reliable routes to their destinations. This weekly report is intended to provide information about various projects within the city that impact traffic.
The city’s Private Development Engineering Department coordinates lane and road closures in the rights-of-way, for public and private projects.
It will be a busy summer. The city will be working on street preservation, sidewalk construction and sewer line projects. There will also be private development projects that require lane closures. Occasionally, special events will also require temporary road closures.
Attached is a map of this year’s street preservation projects. Specific lane and road closures related to these projects will be included in weekly road and traffic reports.
The weekly road and traffic reports will be released to the media on Friday afternoons, posted on the homepage of the City’s website (www.bendoregon.gov), and shared on the City’s social media channels. They can also be received via email by subscribing to City eNews online, at www.bendoregon.gov/enews (sign up for General News category).
Weekly Road and Traffic Report for the week of: April 3 – 8
· Portland Avenue between Steidl Road and College Way for tree trimming, single lane closures with flagging, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., 3/30/17 – 4/05/17.
· 15th Street between Humber Lane and Gateway Drive for sewer, water and road construction, single lane closures with flagging, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., 3/29/17 – 5/03/17.
· South 3rd Street between Brosterhous Road and Powers Road, single lane closures and non-signalized intersection closures for the Sidewalk Improvement Project, 5 a.m. – 2 p.m. Completion is anticipated in July, 2017.
· South 3rd Street between Brosterhous Road and Powers Road, single lane closures and signalized intersection closures at Reed Lane for the Sidewalk Improvement Project, 11 p.m. – 6 a.m., 4/03/17 – 5/30/17. More info: www.bendoregon.gov/thirdstreetsidewalks
· Neff Road from 27th Street to Medical Center Drive for Southeast Interceptor Sewer Line Project, westbound lane closed to all traffic with detours signed, all access to St. Charles remains open, 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., 3/06/17 – 5/10/17.
· 27th Street between Reed Market Road and Bear Creek Road for Southeast Interceptor Sewer Line Project, northbound lane closure with detours signed, 6 a.m. – 10 p.m. More info: www.bendoregon.gov/SEI
· Glenwood Drive near intersection with 9th Street for waterline abandonment, single lane closure with flagging, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., 4/13/17 – 4/14/17.
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/streets for information about the 2017 Street Preservation and Maintenance Program.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/bendprojects for an interactive map and information about City of Bend infrastructure projects.