Reed Market Rd. and Mt. Washington Dr. are scheduled for asphalt overlay as part of the city of Bend's 2012 Street Maintenance Program.
The overlay project will extend the life of the existing roadway and create a smooth, safer surface.
The preparatory phase of the project was performed at night to reduce traffic impact. However, the recent drop in nighttime temperatures requires the final paving work to be completed during warmer, daytime hours.
Road closures will be required, and flaggers and local traffic detours will be in place. Please choose alternate routes to avoid the construction area.
The general contractor on this project is High Desert Aggregate. Project dates are estimates based on favorable conditions; schedule variances may occur due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
· 9/20 -Reed Market Rd. CLOSED, Century Dr. to Bond St.
· 9/21 -Reed Market Rd. CLOSED, Southern River Crossing Bridge to Bond St.
Roundabout at Reed Market Rd./Bond St. will be CLOSED for a period of time.
· 9/22 Mt. Washington Dr. CLOSED, Chandler Ave. to Century Dr.
· 9/24 Reed Market Rd. CLOSED, Bond St. to Bend Parkway (Tentative date – pending ODOT approval)
What to Expect During Construction
· Construction hours will begin at 8 a.m. and continue into the night - temperature permitting
· Road closures - detours and traffic delays
· Signage for Local Access will be posted on roadway
· Parking, load, and moisture restrictions
· Construction noise and dust
· Use alternate routes to avoid construction zones
For more information about the Street Maintenance Program, including schedule updates and detour routes, visit www.bendoregon.gov/streets.