- Fort Stevens State Park, 10 a.m. in the Battery Russell parking lot.
- Jessie M. Honeyman Memorial State Park, 9 a.m. at the East Woahink launch parking lot.
- Oswald West State Park, 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. in the north parking lot.
- South Beach State Park, 9 a.m. at the South Jetty Trailhead.
- Sunset Bay State Park, 8 a.m. at the Sunset Bay gazebo.
- Tugman State Park, 9 a.m. in the main parking lot.
++ EASTERN/CENTRAL OREGON
- Clyde Holliday State Recreation Site, 9 a.m. in the main parking lot.
- Emigrant Springs State Heritage Area, 11 a.m. at the campground booth.
- Iwetemlaykin State Heritage Site, 11 a.m. in the parking lot.
- Smith Rock State Park, 10 a.m. at the Welcome Center.
Details about the special hike at Smith Rock are below. The usual $5 day-use parking fee is waived on January 1 only.
These same details are available on the America's State Parks website at www.americasstateparks.org. Visit the Oregon State Parks website at oregonstateparks.org for directions to the park. Visitors should plan for inclement weather, and remember binoculars for wildlife viewing.
Time of event: 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Starting location: Welcome center
Degree of difficulty: Moderate
Minimum age for kids: 7
Restrictions: No dogs are permitted inside the welcome center
Length of trail: One mile
Things to bring: Water bottle, binoculars
Phone: Park office, (541) 548-7501
Additional info: The welcome center will be open to provide information about the park. 20-minute Rim Rock Trail walking tours will also be offered at 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.