• Oz 8 – 61 acres adjacent to the eastern side of Sunriver along County Highway 40
Crescent Ranger District:
- Hammy – 150 acres on Ringo Butte along Forest Road 6210
- Jig – 172 acres 1 mile west of the Cascade Lakes Highway along Forest Road 4652 (near Wickiup Reservoir)
- Weiser Units- 97 acres split between 2 units west of Highway 58 near the Cascade Estates subdivision
Ochoco National Forest:
- Coyote Hills – 400 acres east of Haystack Reservoir in the Crooked River National Grassland
- East Maurys– 2200 acres on the east end of the Maury Mountains
- Squirrel Ridge – 275 acres along Mill Creek near Wildcat Campground
- Zane – 500 acres east of Big Summit Prairie and Black Mountain
- West Maurys /Florida creek – 400 acres on the West end of the Maury Mountains near Florida Creek
In all cases, the areas around the burns will be signed to inform motorists of the prescribed fire activities and people recreating in or traveling through the area should use caution as smoke may affect visibility and travel.
If motorists encounter smoke as a result of the burning, they should slow down, turn on headlights, and proceed with care. Patrols and mop-up activities will occur during and following ignitions and night patrols will occur on an as-needed basis, depending on conditions.
Individual media releases will be sent out prior to each burn providing more information on the type of burn, the location and information on any road or area closures.