INGREDIENTS: 4 oz Ahi, cut into ½ inch dice
2 tbsp shallot, sliced thinly
2 tbsp green onion, diced
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped roughly
2 tbsp mint, chopped roughly
1 tbsp lemongrass
1 tsp toasted rice powder
1 tbsp dry chili flakes
4 tbsp lime juice
3 tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp sugar
Romaine lettuce leaves, optional
1. Heat a pan until very hot, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Turn off the heat. Add Ahi in, and stir quickly to cook. Ahi should not be cooked through.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, add Ahi and shallot, green onion, cilantro, mint and lemongrass.
3. Flavor the prepared ingredients with toasted rice powder and dry chili flakes.
4. In a small bowl, mix fish sauce, lime juice and sugar. Whisk to melt sugar.
5. Spoon dressing over the Ahi. Add chili flakes if not spicy enough for your taste.
6. Serve with romaine lettuce.