The NPG Group of stations here in Central Oregon – including News Channel 21, Fox Central Oregon, Central Oregon’s CW and Telemundo – are partnering with critical first responders, the Bend Police and Fire Departments and the Deschutes County Sheriff’s Department, to launch a community wide campaign called TXT L8R. In cooperation with our TXT L8R sponsors we hope to get the message out and make a difference in our community using the powerful combination of television, web, mobile and social media.
- • At any given moment, an estimated 800,000+ Americans are texting or making calls while driving, adults as well as teens
- • 4 out of 5 accidents (80%) are attributed to distracted drivers. In contrast, drunk drivers account for 1 out of 3 accidents (33%)
- • People who text while driving are 23% more likely to be in a car accident
TXT L8R Campaign Goal:
- • Reduce the number of FATALITIES and ACCIDENTS caused by distracted drivers in Central Oregon
- • Create awareness about the dangers of texting while driving
- • Challenge Central Oregon drivers to put down their phones and TXT L8R
TAKE THE TXT L8R PLEDGE HERE !
Pledge participants receive a free “I Took the Pledge” bumper sticker. Stick it on and do your part to improve the safety of Central Oregon roads.
Stop by any of the sponsors below or the KTVZ studios at 62990 OB Riley Rd for your free “I took the pledge” decal. Thank you!