Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 2:23 PM PDT on July 29, 2016, expires at: 9:00 PM PDT on July 30, 2016
- ...Red flag warning remains in effect until 9 PM PDT Saturday for gusty winds and low humidity...
- affected area...in Washington and Oregon...fire zone 639 covering most of Klickitat County and the eastern Columbia River gorge. In Oregon...fire zone 610 covering the east slopes of the northern Oregon Cascades.
- Timing...winds will increase late this afternoon and evening and will be stronger on Saturday.
- Wind...west to northwest wind 10 to 20 mph late today and 15 to 25 mph on Saturday. The strongest winds will be through the Columbia River gorge where gusts to 35 mph are expected.
- Humidity...12 to 22 percent.
- Impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now....or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.