Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 1:58 PM PDT on September 16, 2014, expires at: 9:00 PM PDT on September 17, 2014
- ...Red flag warning in effect from 11 am to 9 PM PDT Wednesday for combination of strong winds and low relative humidities for fire weather zones 624 and 625... The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a red flag warning...which is in effect from 11 am to 9 PM PDT Wednesday.
- Affected area: fire weather zones 624 and 625
- wind...southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts 35 to 45 mph.
- Humidity...12 to 22 percent.
- Impacts...the combination of gusty winds and low relative humidities on critically dry fuels will result in the possibility of rapid fire growth during this time period
- view the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5 Precautionary/preparedness actions... Strong winds and low relative humidities will cause fires to spread very rapidly. Btl