High Wind Watch:
Issued at: 2:55 am PST on December 1, 2015, expires at: 10:00 PM PST on December 03, 2015
- ...High wind watch in effect from late Wednesday night through Thursday evening... The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a high wind watch...which is in effect from late Wednesday night through Thursday evening.
- Winds: south 35 to 50 mph with gusts to 70 mph possible.
- Timing: south winds will increase Wednesday night and may be strong much of Thursday.
- Locations include: Alturas...Lakeview.
- Impacts: strong winds may make driving difficult on area roads, especially for high profile vehicles.
- View the hazard area in detail at http://weather.Gov/Medford/hazard Precautionary/preparedness actions... A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph...or gusts of 58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.