Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 2:45 PM PDT on August 1, 2014, expires at: 11:00 PM PDT on August 02, 2014
- ...Red flag warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT Saturday for abundant lightning across fire weather zones or610...or611... or639...or640...or642...or643...or644...or645...wa643 and wa645... A red flag warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT Saturday.
- Affected area...in orz610...fire weather zone 610 east slopes of central Oregon Cascades. In orz611...fire weather zone 611 Deschutes National Forest. In orz640...fire weather zone 640 central mountains of Oregon. In orz642...fire weather zone 642 southern blue and Strawberry mountains. In orz644...fire weather zone 644 central Blue Mountains. In orz639...fire weather zone 639 east slopes of the northern Oregon Cascades. In orz643... fire weather zone 643 northern Blue Mountains of Oregon. In orz645...fire weather zone 645 Wallowa district. In waz643... fire weather zone 643 Blue Mountains of Washington. In waz645... fire weather zone 645 Asotin County.
- Timing...thunderstorm coverage each day...becoming scattered in the afternoon and evening before dissipating overnight. Expect thunderstorm coverage to increase again Saturday afternoon and evening.
- Thunderstorms...some of the thunderstorms could produce erratic winds with gusts to 40 mph and pea to Marble size hail.
- Precipitation...there will be a mix of wet and dry thunderstorms with anywhere from a few hundredths of an inch to over one quarter inch of rain possible.
- Lightning activity level...3 to locally 4 through Saturday.
- Impacts...frequent lightning and critically dry fuels may result in numerous fire starts. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.