High Wind Watch:
Issued at: 2:52 PM PDT on October 23, 2014, expires at: 11:00 PM PDT on October 25, 2014
- ...High wind watch in effect from Friday evening through Saturday evening... The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a high wind watch...which is in effect from Friday evening through Saturday evening.
- Winds...southwest 40 to 45 mph with gusts to 60 mph.
- Timing...Friday evening through Saturday evening.
- Locations include: Silver Lake...Hart Mountain wildlife Refuge.
- Impacts...traffic along Highway 31 between Silver Lake and Paisley and traffic along Highway 140 east of Lakeview could be impacted.
- View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5 Precautionary/preparedness actions... A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph...or gusts of 58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.