Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 7:29 am PDT on July 22, 2014, expires at: 11:00 PM PDT on July 22, 2014
- ...Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am this morning to 5 PM PDT Wednesday for thunderstorms producing abundant lightning across fire weather zones or610...or611 and or640... A red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am this morning to 5 PM PDT Wednesday.
- Affected area...in orz610...fire weather zone 610 east slopes of central Oregon Cascades. In orz611...fire weather zone 611 Deschutes National Forest minus -Sisters Ranger district. In orz640...fire weather zone 640 central mountains of Oregon.
- Timing...storms will develop around mid-day and occasional scattered thunderstorms will be possible through Wednesday afternoon.
- Thunderstorms...some storms may become strong with outflow winds around 40 mph and small hail.
- Precipitation...there will be a mix of wet and dry storms with anywhere from a few hundredths of an inch to over one quarter of an inch of rain possible.
- Lightning activity level...3.
- Impacts...frequent lightning and critically dry fuels may result in numerous fire starts. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior. 433 am PDT Tue Jul 22 2014 ...Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am this morning to 11 PM PDT this evening for abundant lightning with dry fuels for fire weather zones 280...281...617...621...622 and 623...
- affected area: fire weather zones 281...622...621...623...617 and 280
- thunderstorms...scattered thunderstorms are expected late this morning through this evening...except numerous thunderstorms are expected over the northern portion of zone 623.
- Outflow winds...25 to 40 mph gusts are possible.
- Impacts...scattered to numerous thunderstorms combined with existing dry fuels will result in many fire starts in a short period of time. Significant rainfall is expected with some of the thunderstorms...but fire spread is likely in areas that do not receive wetting rain and as drying occurs in the days that follow the thunderstorms.
- View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5 Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. These conditions will contribute to extreme fire behavior. Dw