Fire Weather Warning:
- ...Red flag warning in effect from 2 PM to 9 PM PDT Wednesday for gusty winds and low humidity for fire weather zones 610...611 and 640... The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a red flag warning...which is in effect from 2 PM to 9 PM PDT Wednesday.
- Affected area...eastern portions of fire weather zones orz610 and orz611...not including the higher elevations near the Cascade crest. Southern and western portions of fire weather zone orz640.
- Timing...winds will increase Wednesday afternoon. The strongest winds are expected during the evening.
- Wind...10 to 20 mph.
- Minimum humidity...11 to 15 percent.
- Impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now....or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.