Areal Flood Advisory:
Issued at: 8:03 PM PDT on July 7, 2015, expires at: 11:00 PM PDT on July 07, 2015
- The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a
- Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for... southeastern Jackson County in southwestern Oregon...
- until 1100 PM PDT
- at 802 PM PDT...trained weather spotters reported heavy rain in Ashland and Talent due to thunderstorms. This will cause Urban and Small Stream flooding.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include... Medford...Ashland...Talent...Pilot Rock...Kennedy Meadows...Roxy Ann Peak...Siskiyou Summit...I 5 Siskiyou Summit...Emigrant Lake... Buck Prairie nordic trails...Mount Ashland Snow Park...grouse gap Snow Park and Phoenix. Lat...Lon 4246 12245 4203 12250 4201 12300 4230 12296 Stockton
Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 3:53 PM PDT on July 7, 2015, expires at: 11:00 PM PDT on July 08, 2015
- ...Red flag warning now in effect until 11 PM PDT Wednesday for abundant lightning with dry fuels... The red flag warning is now in effect until 11 PM PDT Wednesday.
- Affected area: in northern California fire zones: 280, 281, 284. In Oregon fire zones: 617, 620, 621, 622, 623, 624.
- Counties affected: Siskiyou, Klamath, Jackson, Josephine, and eastern Douglas.
- Thunderstorms...scattered thunderstorms are expected this afternoon and evening through Wednesday evening.
- Outflow winds...wind gusts of 30 to 50 mph are possible.
- Impacts...significant lightning is expected to result in new fire starts. Due to dry to very dry pre-existing fuel conditions, new starts outside of thunderstorm cores could result in fire spread that could pose a threat to life and property. Initial attack resources could be overwhelmed and holdover fires are expected.
- View the hazard area in detail at http://weather.Gov/Medford/hazard Precautionary/preparedness actions...abundant lightning on existing very dry fuels could cause numerous new fire ignitions. Gusty and erratic outflow winds could also create explosive fire growth.