Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 2:38 PM PDT on July 30, 2015, expires at: 10:00 PM PDT on August 01, 2015
- ...Red flag warning in effect until 10 PM PDT Saturday for very hot and dry conditions for fire weather zones 640 and 642... The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a red flag warning...which is in effect until 10 PM PDT Saturday.
- Affected area...in orz640...fire weather zone 640. In orz642... fire weather zone 642.
- Timing...hot and dry conditions are already occuring and will continue through Saturday.
- Wind...light winds less than 5 mph that will be mainly terrain driven through tonight. Winds will be out of the north west around 3 to 6 mph on Friday and Saturday.
- Humidity...8 to 11 percent.
- Impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.