Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 11:10 PM PDT on July 30, 2014, expires at: 11:00 PM PDT on August 02, 2014
- ...Red flag warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT Saturday for thunderstorms producing abundant lightning across fire weather zones or610...or611...or640...or642 and or644... A red flag warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT Saturday.
- Affected area...in orz610...fire weather zone 610 east slopes of central Oregon Cascades. In orz611...fire weather zone 611 Deschutes National Forest minus -Sisters Ranger district. In orz640...fire weather zone 640 central mountains of Oregon. In orz642...fire weather zone 642 southern blue and Strawberry mountains. In orz644...fire weather zone 644 central Blue Mountains.
- Timing...scattered thunderstorms will develop again each afternoon and evening through Saturday.
- Thunderstorms...some of the thunderstorms could produce erratic winds with gusts to 40 mph and pea to Marble size hail.
- Precipitation...there will be a mix of wet and dry thunderstorms with anywhere from a few hundredths of an inch to over one quarter inch of rain possible.
- Lightning activity level...3 to locally 4 Thursday through Saturday.
- Impacts...frequent lightning and critically dry fuels may result in numerous fire starts. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.