Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 10:16 PM PDT on July 6, 2015, expires at: 9:00 PM PDT on July 07, 2015
- ...Red flag warning remains in effect until 9 PM PDT Tuesday for abundant lightning and gusty outflow winds for fire weather zones 610...611 and 640...
- affected area...fire weather zone 610...611...640.
- Timing...the expected time for scattered thunderstorms will be between 2 PM and 8 PM Tuesday.
- Lightning activity...3 increasing to 4 after 5 PM for most areas of 611 and southwest 640 and southern 610.
- Precipitation...some storms may bring brief heavy rain with amounts up to one quarter of an inch of rain.
- Impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.