Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 8:50 am PDT on July 30, 2014, expires at: 11:00 PM PDT on August 02, 2014
- ...Red flag warning in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 11 PM PDT Saturday for thunderstorms producing abundant lightning across fire weather zones or610...or611...or640...or642 and or644... The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a red flag warning for thunderstorms producing abundant lightning...which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 11 PM PDT Saturday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
- Affected area...in orz610...fire weather zone 610 east slopes of central Oregon Cascades. In orz611...fire weather zone 611 Deschutes National Forest -minus Sisters Ranger district. In orz640...fire weather zone 640 central mountains of Oregon. In orz642...fire weather zone 642 southern blue and Strawberry mountains. In orz644...fire weather zone 644 central Blue Mountains.
- Timing...scattered thunderstorms will develop today and again each afternoon and evening through Saturday.
- Thunderstorms...some of the thunderstorms could produce erratic winds with gusts to 40 mph and pea to Marble size hail.
- Precipitation...there will be a mix of wet and dry thunderstorms with anywhere from a few hundredths of an inch to over one quarter inch of rain possible.
- Lightning activity level...2 to 3 today...and 3 to locally 4 Thursday through Saturday.
- Impacts...frequent lightning and critically dry fuels may result in numerous fire starts. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.