Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 3:00 PM PDT on July 2, 2015, expires at: 8:00 PM PDT on July 04, 2015
- ...Red flag warning in effect from 3 PM Friday to 8 PM PDT Saturday for winds and low relative humidity... The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a red flag warning...which is in effect from 3 PM Friday to 8 PM PDT Saturday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
- Affected areas: fire weather zone or610 east slopes of the central Oregon Cascades...fire weather zone or640 central mountains of Oregon...and fire weather zone 641 lower Columbia Basin of Oregon west of Lexington and Umatilla.
- Timing...lowest relative humidity combined with stronger winds expected to occur between 3 PM and 8 PM on Friday through Saturday.
- Wind...west to northwest wind 10 to 20 mph.
- Humidity...8 to 15 percent
- impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Do not release fireworks near areas of dry vegetation or flammable material. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.